-

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Housing... CHECK!

So the last couple of weeks, I have spent nearly all my free time in search of the right place to live. At first it was so exciting to be looking for housing, but after about a week, I was so totally DONE with it, but I hadn't found the right place yet. There were a few places that looked good on paper, but I just didn't have the warm, fuzzy, happy feelings that you get when it's JUST RIGHT. Ya know?

I felt like I'd looked everywhere.

We were on the verge of applying to one apartment complex, but nothing seemed to be going right, and then I discovered that the crime rate was quite high in that area. And then I discovered that the utilities and washer/dryer were not included in the rent. The rent was already close to our max budget anyways, and those extra expenses for utilities and renting a washer and dryer would put us significantly over our max for housing expenses.

 So I kept looking.

 I found a townhome that seemed to have all the right things, but I just couldn't bring myself to make such a big commitment long-distance. At this point, I was at the peak of frustration. So I decided to go back to my list of apartment complexes and see if there wasn't another one that fit the bill a bit better. I went back to my first pick that I had rejected because they didn't have playground, and because it had 100 less square feet.

 Going back and taking a second look, I discovered that those reasons were foolish to reject it for! It had everything else we wanted! Washer and dryer are included in rent, as well as utilities! The crime rate is low, not to mention that it is less than 2 miles from David's work, which will make sharing one car a lot easier. It is first floor, without any extra cost, which is AWESOME. Rent is also significantly less. That is my FAVORITE part!

 Now I can check that one off my list and focus on all the other things that moving entails!

 (I really hope not to have to move again ANY TIME SOON.)

 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment