-

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas, Packing, and the Flu

I am so excited for Christmas! This year, I was actually able to get people some decent gifts, which felt amazing, because last year we only had pennies to spend on gifts! I am excited and I hope everyone likes what I got them. :-)

There are many other emotions that I am feeling during this holiday season, though. I am missing my family immensely. I miss hanging out in the kitchen with my mom while she makes all of her candies and cookies, and I miss joking around with my brothers, and talking philosophy, and I miss photo shoots with my sisters, and laughing until we cry. I just miss their company, really. This will be my first Christmas away from my parents and my siblings. Even when I lived all over the world, I always came home for Christmas. At least I have some awesome in-laws to hang out with and spend this special holiday with. They are family too, after all. They make me feel loved too, and we have tons of fun. But I still miss my family. There's no avoiding that :)

Jackson has been fighting a cold for the last 3 weeks. The last week, he has had a high fever. At times it go up to 103-104+. Luckily, Tylenol and ibuprofen helped to keep it lower, like 100-101. He still has a low-grade fever when he isn't doped up, but when he is, his fever goes away! And he has been MUCH happier today. Thank goodness he was sick with the fever nastiness before we started our road trip to Florida. Can you imagine how miserable it would have been to be on a road trip with a fever-stricken-screaming-clingy-monster of a baby? Awful. I can only imagine that it would have been totally AWFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment